Monday, December 3, 2007

Christmas Music Alphas

This is my personal favorite of all the different bits and pieces I have made so far. There are actually two sets in this download... the one you see and the exact same set but in a very wrinkled version. This version is in individual filesand the wrinkled set is all on one sheet. I didn't have time to cut it apart. This alpha took me forever because I could not figure out how to stroke a path to make the holes follow my stitches, so I ended up brushing every single stitch hole on each of the letters one hole at a time. T-E-D-I-O-U-S!!! There has to be a better way, and someday I may figure it out. Until I do, if (well, when) I make more stitched alphas, I can guarantee they are going to be this size and this font... lol. I deliberately inked the edges and let the inking stray off the edges for a goopy look I wanted for the project I am using these for. I just wanted you to know it wasn't an excessively bad case of stray pixels... :0) You can download these here. Enjoy, and don't forget to link me up to what you do with them! I cannot wait to see these in action!

11 comments:

Marcy said...

Thank you so much for all your hard
work, I love this alpha!

Margie said...

How pretty! Thank you for the alpha! Your blog is beautiful!!

Rarole said...

So terrific. I can see a lot of uses for these - and even now at Christmas. Many thanks

Mo said...

I do my stitch holes the same way. Haven't found another way yet. :) Great alpha! Thank you.

anke-art said...

Oh these are gorgeous! Perfect for my music class layouts, thanks so much!

HeatherB said...

This is gorgeous! I've heard this is the only way to really do stitched holes nicely, so don't feel bad, there may not be a better way.

I dropped by after seeing your message on DST. Thanks for sharing!

Oh, and I prefer a single sheet, that way I only have to open up one file when I'm spelling something out. The separated alphas usually drive me nuts, LOL!

schneeflocke said...

Just got the link to your blog and its so great, goes into my favorites, I like what you do!

Cindyrelly said...

Awesome ;) Thanks sooo much for sharing!

-tnchick- said...

Beautiful alpha, love it. thanks

Boo said...

I love it. Thanks so much
Boo x

TiggerRD said...

These are great - love them! Thanks!!!